Monday, December 31, 2012

...and a happy new year!

This has been a really fun year. It FLEW by!! Of course the biggest highlight of this past year was seeing Henry grow up. [I still can't believe he's one...].

Other highlights:

+Maternity leave! I got to spend about three months at home with Henry after he was born. I didn't go back to work until the beginning of March. That time off with my little snuggly buddy was amazing. Going back to work was really hard, but it was for a good cause.
+I turned 25...weird
+Lots of visits to see my family in arizona, or vice versa (one of the most epic visits caught on film here)
+One of my best friends, Sarah, got married and i was a bridesmaid. Coolest couple ever.
+Our city was on fire. Frightening.
+I dyed my hair purple. And then cut half of it off.
+I flew in a helicopter for the first time.
+We visited our bffs Emily and Dave in ohioooo
+Our bffs Jeff and Darci had their second baby, Warren, and i'm kind of in love with him (shh)!
+We spent thanksgiving in arizona
+We all got spoiled for Christmas
+This year alone we've paid off 84% of our student loans and medical bills. PHEW!!!

as usual, i've grown a lot this year. as shown by me dwarfing this recliner...
I haven't really thought of new years resolutions yet... I just know I want to become a stay at home mom this year :) And hopefully, in the meantime, finish paying off the remaining 16% of our student loans. If I come up with any more [resolutions, not debt], maybe I'll do a new post on it ;)

Hope your New Years is fun and safe!! HAPPY NEW YEARRRR!!!!

4 comments:

l i z said...

Happy New Year, Jeff! i am so proud of you for paying off so much debt! and i think it's rad you aspire to be a stay-at-home mom. it's a pretty awesome gig, although it doesn't always get the praise it deserves. and don't let anybody tell you it ain't as challenging as any other job 'cause it is. it's just different.

Rachel Annie said...

yay!! I'm so happy for you!!! that is amazing you are almost out of debt!!!! wahoo!!! so excited for you!!

Emelro said...

84%????? that is amazing. AMAZING! come be my financial advisor!!!!!!!

Oh, My Darling said...

Hey Jess, happy 2013! I'm getting back into blogging after a long hiatus, and it looks like belated congratulations are in order, for your adorable little guy!