Thursday, February 17, 2011

weeds

well hello there! if you follow me on facebook or twitter, you know that we've been at a weed conference for the last couple days. yes... a conference about weeds. we were in the middle of nowhere (Vernal, UT) and it took us about 3 hours one way to drive there. gross. such is the life of a wildlife biologist? i guess so..

in other news--the move was great. thanks to all our friends who helped us!! my mom happened to be in town over the weekend too, which was awesome to see her, and she helped us a ton too. we're slowly getting everything together, which means we're staying really busy. i can't wait until it starts coming together and i can show you guys!!

also, i'm just going to leave you with a few gems from the weed conference:

"Let's kick the crap outta some weeds!" --guest speaker at conference
I made 2 new boyfriends, who were both over 60. I'm such a charmer.
One of the prizes was a bbq apron that said "Smokin' weeds with DuPont" (DuPont is an herbicide manufacturer)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol i like the sound of your boyfriends!! I made one of those on the bus one time.. good god. he was in his 50s and he actually asked me out.
OH LOOK THERES MY STOP KTHAKSBAI

Emelro said...

hahaha i love you. that sucks about the weed conference...at least you got some gems out of it!

Diana said...

Haha... that weeds conference sounds kinda fun!

At first I thought your post was about the TV show "Weeds". I think this was way better.

Have fun with your boyfriends!

Amanda said...

Ha- I thought this was going to be about the show weeds too.

I love the sound of this bbq apron- they should totally give out shirts!

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

hahahahha! all that weed stuff - pure gold! you are such a charmer, yo. :)