Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BESTeam feature: Fish Princess Designs

This weeks BESTeam feature is on Fish Princess Designs. Isn't that a cool name? It makes me think of those japanese fish...koi? I think thats how you spell it. Anyways, she has a nice shop that matches her name very well. It is full of creations inspired by and built with elements of the ocean. It makes me miss Maine. I loved walking the beaches searching for sea glass and other treasures. Felicia has some very pretty pieces, please look through her store and read her interview questions!


What's your favorite color?
I love the colors of water-anything from soft gentle blues and aquas to dark greens and the colors of sandy beaches.

[click pictures to view their listings]

What inspires you?
I draw my inspiration from what surrounds me. When I sometimes can't quite get a color combination right, it helps to take a walk outside. Mother Nature does really amazing things with her color palette.


What do you love most about what you do?
I like that creating jewelry gives me an outlet for my emotional expression, as my moods and interests change, so do my designs.


Is Etsy part-time, full-time, or hobby for you? How do you balance it with everything else?
Etsy is the most full time part time venture I've ever tried. To really be successful at Etsy take a real time commitment. I have a full time job outside Etsy, and I'm involved with many other things,so I don't spend as much time as I would like to with my Etsy shop. I try to balance it out and set aside about an hour each morning to check my shop, then I try to not peak at it too many times a day! On the weekends I spend a little more time. I always have to juggle my Etsy time with "home" time, it can really get away from you very quickly!


What are your top favorite blogs or websites?
One of my favorite blogs is Greenpix. I have learned so much about photography from this site. I think it should be mandatory reading! It is so well written, and in a language that us "non-photographers" can understand. If you want to improve your skills or learn some new tips, I would definitely check it out!
For just a bit of fun, take a look at: For Love Or Funny. Everyday life, just funny!


What are your current projects?
Right now-I'm actually on vacation-trying not to work!


How did you get started w/your Etsy shop (what made you open it)?
A friend recommended Etsy to me, she found it and thought it would be a great place for me. I really have to thank her, it really made me think professionally about what I'm doing, not just as a hobbyist.


where to find Fish Princess Designs
ETSY
BLOG
TWITTER
FLICKR
FACEBOOK*

*Keep checking her facebook page for upcoming giveaways and promotions!

No comments: