Tuesday, July 6, 2010

BESTeam feature: Our Home To Yours

I'm not camping this week, so I get to jump back on the BESTeam wagon! This weeks feature is on the shop Our Home To Yours. The shop consists of Debbi and Amanda, a mother and daughter team! Such a great idea! They belong to BESTeam and CAPSteam on etsy. They sell vintage items, home decor, accessories, and childrens items. They also carry wedding items, such as adorable banners! Go check them out! Debbi (the mother) answered the feature questions:

What's your favorite color?
orange, yellow, red, anything bright!!!

[click on pictures to view their listings!]

What inspires you?
My Lord and Savior Jesus, and then my husband and kids. I love life, nature, and pretty much everything, lol. I'm a very upbeat person.


What do you love most about what you do?
The crafting and creative process. I love to sit at my mother's antique art table, grab her paintbrushes or pastels, and just let go of the rest of the world for a little while.


Is Etsy part-time, full-time, or hobby for you? How do you balance it with everything else?
It's "when I have time" part-time, lol. My husband and I have high risk foster children which take a lot of energy, we're very active in our church, and our families. I know Amanda (daughter of team) is very busy with her toddler son and getting her masters degree in graphic design. Neither one of us are very good at balancing, lol. We either spend days on our shop, or nothing for a day or two. oh well :-)


What are your top favorite blogs or websites?
I don't really have a favorite blog, but we both spend waaaay too much time on facebook. LOVE IT!!!


What are your current projects?
I just listed 2 new scarfs, and I'm crocheting flip flops while traveling. When I get home I have a pastel picture I'm working on for a child's room.


How did you get started w/your Etsy shop (what made you open it)?
I don't remember where I saw it first, but we opened it up after my daughter moved out of state. It gives us something to do together. It will be even more fun after she moves back to my neck of the woods, which will hopefully be soon.


Our Home To Yours is offering my readers 10% off any order! Let her know when you order in the messages that you found her on my blog. Debbie won't be able to ship until next week, after the 12th. Mandy can ship her items now. The item descriptions state if it's from Debbie or Mandy.

Here are their links!
ETSY
BLOG
FACEBOOK
TWITTER

They also have a sister shop http://www.vintagevinyls.etsy.com

No comments: