Tuesday, June 15, 2010

BESTeam feature: Dandee

you know how you go to the store and browse the lame cards section FOREVER trying to find the perfect card, and none them are funny enough or interesting enough? forget that hassle and go check out dandee! her clever and funny cards cover all occasions, and she takes custom orders as well. with over 400 sales you know she's doing something right (i need to take notes!). you should also go check out her fathers day cards RIGHT HERE if you dont have one yet (fathers day is this sunday fyi!). here is her feature:

What's your favorite color?
Purple. Or green. Sometimes blue, too. Yeah... purple. Purple.

[click on pictures to go to listings]

What inspires you?
The world around me. I try to keep my eyes open for people, places, outfits, colors, whatever might spur some creative awesomeness in me.


What do you love most about what you do?
Not having a boss to answer to and having full creative freedom. [amen dandee!]


Is Etsy part-time, full-time, or hobby for you? How do you balance it with everything else?
Etsy is part time for me but I also have my own bricks and mortar shop that is full time. So, it's safe to say I create full time.


What are your top favorite blogs or websites?
Well, Etsy sucks up a lot of my time of course and I love searching for goodies on any handmade site. I'm always scouting out new talent to feature at my shop, Sew Dandee here in Winnipeg. And I LOVE food so any veggie friendly and/or baking blogs make me drool. Here are some links to sites I love:
http://veganyumyum.com
http://tryhandmade.com
http://makeshiftproject.blogspot.com


What are your current projects?
Hmmmmm that all depends on the day. Right now my good friend just moved to Nelson, B.C. and she's opening up a shop so I'm working on a bunch of my wares to send out there for her to sell. And I've got a pile of bags cut out on my cutting table waiting to be assembled. And I've got a couple new silk screens in the making, too. Oh, and some custom card orders to fill. My work is never done! Thank goodness!


How did you get started w/your Etsy shop (what made you open it)?
Well, selling online was the next logical step for me since I was selling in my own shop plus at a few other stores. And Etsy had sucked me in as a buyer years before I started actually selling my own stuff on the site so I knew it was the place I wanted to be for my online presence.


Do you have any promo's or sales going on right now?
24/7 year round I offer Buy 3 Get 1 Free on all my cards in my Etsy shop!


where to find dandee:
ETSY
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
ARTFIRE
BLOG

1 comment:

Dandee said...

Thanks so much for the great feature, Jess! You rule!
-andee