Wednesday, February 20, 2013

houndstooth happy

I recently got a nail stamping set, and some plates from Bundle Monster. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it's ok. Basically you can get little metal plates with designs etched out, and you can fill the designs with nail polish and stamp them onto your nails. Which sounds easy, but it's much harder in person. After doing my research online, the main theme was practice practice practice. So I've been trying to practice, and this was my first decent attempt. Definitely far from perfect/amazing, but for the average joe like me, I'd say not too shabby ;)

I LOVE houndstooth, and it's one of the main reasons I wanted to try nail stamping. I mean, who doesn't love houndstooth, right?!



So the houndstooth doesn't match up perfectly, blah blah blah, whatever. It transferred over to my nails so that's the most important thing :) haha. I am pleased with the outcome. The next thing I'm going to try is caviar nails! I'm a little late on that trend, but who cares. I'll let you know how it goes. Have you been doing anything fun with your nails lately? I will say if you want inspiration, there are like a billion nail art girls on Instagram--I follow a bunch of them and it's awesome. [Confession: they're totally taking over my instagram! haha]

2 comments:

Liv said...

I love the houndstooth AND the grey (is it grey?) color you used. I barely make time to paint my nails lately, let alone research how to do them with stampy things. That's awesome.

yourstrulydear said...

Yes, it's my go to gray shade from Ulta. And thanks! :) Just come on down to Cedar and I'll do your nails ;)