Tuesday, January 4, 2011

blah blah 2011 blah

so all these people i know did 'year in review' posts. confession: i have a HORRIBLE memory. if i had to think back over the whole year, i could think of maybe like...3 things: graduated college, got a real job, went under contract with a house. 2 of those things just happened officially this past month. is that cheating? meh...

if i force myself to think about it, i do know i:
+met lots of awesome people/new friends
+made some fabulous e-friends via blogs, etsy, and twitter
+have loved building up a business with dorris
+pierced my ears
+worked at a call center
+learned a lot about the working world, both good and bad
+discovered that any future children we'll have are going to cost a lot extra
+opened up to the whole blogging/facebook world about infertility, and have only received comfort and encouragement by amazing people and friends
+took a lot of pictures of my cat
+painted my nails a lot and secretly wanted to become a nail tech (minus that whole feet thing...ew)
+kept my hair relatively normal, minus the occasional wig or purple streak
+became obsessed with the color purple
+realized how obsessed i am with recycling
+watched a lot of good movies

as far as resolutions, mine are: rock at my new job, and save lots of money (and by save i mean pay off school/medical bills, because they stress me out). what about you?

ps: second confession: i went to bed at 10pm on new years eve. haha. but i saw the ball drop on tv though so it totally counted ;)

6 comments:

Meg said...

Reading everyone's list of accomplishments made me realize how boring I really am! LOL
I didn't make any resolutions this year, I would just like to lose some weight.
I didn't stay up to watch the ball drop, I was in bed by 11:00!

xoxo~Meg

kate said...

you just pierced your ears? that's awesome.

i wish someone would've stopped on me when that whole three earrings an ear trend was going on. i hate the holes in my ears now.

oh, and i love that you had a purple streak in your hair!

Rebecca said...

I'm the same way, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, let alone what I did last year. Though blogging does help me keep track a little. P.S. Totally jealous of your buying a house. ;)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Lol usually to do my list I have to look back through my blog. My memory isn't great either.

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

hahha i've got a really a bad memory too. thank god for blogging.

all in all, that's a huge year. congrats on all the good news! :)

Amanda said...

I have a bad memory also, I think that is why I didn't write a recap post, ha. I have a bunch of resolutions, but overall it is to maintain a more balance life :) Happy New Year!