aka, our infertility update:
remember when we got low results again, and then they said josh had to go on antibiotics for 3 weeks, wait 2 weeks, and then get tested again? yeah... well we did another testing last saturday. then this week we waited for the results. we got them thursday evening: 0%. yup.......big fatty ZERO for the kruger score. however, they said there were still white blood cells... and that we should go to a urologist to see about fixing that to get better scores.
so i set up the urology appt [they didnt have an opening until december] and thought ok--one more hoop to jump through. so today i turned to my little friend, the internet, and looked up causes for the presence of white blood cells, etc, and how it could be treated. of course--the #1 treatment is antibiotics. josh already went through pretty strenuous antibiotics, just to get the same results as before. so we started reconsidering the urologist. my #1 reason against it? our insurance is ghetto (thank you altius!) and would not cover it, since it doesn't cover anything fertility-related for the first year. so the appt and all related tests would be just more money out of pocket.
so basically, we're saying forget the urologist for now. which means, our options are: IVF, adoption, or sperm donor. we could only maybe afford one of those options, and i'll let you guess which one it is. sooo........ new plan: go to a consultation at a different fertility center than the last one, because our income qualified us to get a free consult there (and the last one was super pushy and pricey). from that point, unless they tell us we can do ivf for free (ha!), we'll probably put all this baby stuff on hold for about a year. we won't forget about it, we'll just postpone it until we have some more money and whatnot. sucky? yes...thank you reality.