Sunday, July 25, 2010

adventures in the high uintas

we made a friend this week at work. he was so cute and he was staring us and following us with his head. we named him rikki tikki tavi, or "tavi" for short. ♥

we had to cross the river, and we didn't have waders so we had to take off our shoes and socks and roll up our pants. cuz we're hardcore.

crossing a log. i got scared and so i just scooted across on my bum.

on wednesday we hiked 12 miles. it was horrid. on monday we have to hike 18 miles. YIKES! and do work on the top of all that hiking. gross, huh? i might die. wish me luck!

5 comments:

Jen said...

You're a "trailblazah". 18 miles tomorrow? that's worse than hill of death #1.

yourstrulydear said...

i know, right? it really might kill me.

Liv said...

i can't tell what your little buddy is! his silhouette is cute though. good luck hiking! that sounds worse than having a baby. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Unknown said...

Um...18 miles makes me want to hurl. I hope you survived. If not, then can I have your shoes?? Like, ALL of them?

yourstrulydear said...

he's a mongoose. like rikki tikki tavi! and darci, i survived. but i'll revise my will for you ;]