Thursday, May 27, 2010

BESTeam feature: Clever Crafter

this week for my BESTeam feature i get to show you Clever Crafter! this creative lady makes tons of neat jewelry- using buttons, beads, and guitar picks! she makes seemingly ordinary objects become something so nice you just want to wear it all day long. almost all of her pieces have matching jewelry in her shop too, so you could get both a necklace and a bracelet, and even matching earrings! love it. here is her interview:

What's your favorite color?
My favorite color is blue, but I'm also quite fond of pink

[click pictures to view listings]

What inspires you?
My inspiration really comes from the color. I take a long time deciding what colors to use together sometimes... I just like to stare at pretty things...


What do you love most about what you do?
Making something unique!


Is Etsy part-time, full-time, or hobby for you? How do you balance it with everything else?
Etsy is part-time for me, but someday maybe I'll marry a rich man and make it my only job. I don't balance very well I guess considering I'm on it all day at work... Don't tell my boss though!


What are your top favorite blogs or websites?
I don't have a favorite blog per se, but I do follow quite a few and I'm working on following everyone that follows me. I usually skim through the new posts on the main page and click and read whatever catches my eye. Websites? I like cheezburger.com, hobbylobby.com, craigslist.com, and yahoo.com. These are the links that my computer automatically recognizes now, LOL!


What are your current projects?
LOL, by current do you mean unfinished? Cuz I have boxes of those!! I'm working on my button jewelry and hope to get back to the guitar pick jewelry very soon, plus finishing some of those crochet, knitting, and quilting projects that I have stashed away.


How did you get started w/your Etsy shop (what made you open it)?
Opening a shop was sort of a way to offset how much I was spending on craft supplies at first, something just to try to for fun. But within the last 3 months, I've really started making it my business.

Here is where you can find Clever Crafter:
ETSY
TWITTER
^^(follow her, she posts promotions!!)^^
BLOG

No comments: