yesterday i was thinking about all the things i used to think, and how they differ now. i'd like to think of it as growing up, but who knows. i mean, i'm still a youngin' so i wont profess to be an old wise lady yet. i guess this thought process came about because i babysat a baby.
1. i used to hate babies.
now they seem cuter and they like me more. which makes me like them more.
2. i used to think you were stupid if you didnt have a career [and you were a lady].
now i think i was stupid when i thought this. i still want a career, but i've grown to value how important parenthood (motherhood in this instance) is. i used to think being a feminist was getting a career. now i think a feminist is someone who knows they can choose their path.
3. i used to not want to get married til i was at least 25.
i got married when i was 21. because it was right and i was in true love (cue "awwww"). sometimes you have to be willing to change your mind, otherwise perfect situations could pass you by.
4. i used to never want a cat, and for a while i didnt even like them.
now i love my cat more than a child. ha ha ha.
5. i used to think after you graduated college- jobs would be handed to you on a silver platter.
not true. at all. i've actually become slightly jaded about getting a college degree at all. oh well. i'm sure it will pay off, but i kind of feel like i was lied to (thank you, highschool)
6. i used to think that you should always be friends w/friends, no matter what.
now i know this isnt true. being polite is always good, but if all a friend does is use you, you are not obligated to let that continue. i struggled with this last year, and thought that i was a bad person for it. but it's important to surround yourself with positive people who really value you as a person, not as a free ride.
7. i used to think i was ugly.
now [most days] i dont :)
there are lots of other things i was thinking of, but now i cant think of them. all i can think of right now is that i want a house and a dog. and perfect jobs for both of us ♥