Tuesday, January 13, 2009

fun day.....

so today i went to work, went to my class i TA, went back to work, and then to the doctor...

ive been feeling really sick for a while now. just all around crummy, and ever since christmas break ive been feeling super nauseas all the time. yesterday i couldnt even get out of bed til like 10:20. the only reason i even got up was because i had my plant id class and its probably my most demanding class.

so i was thinking why i could be so sick, and did a lot of research on webmd. i couldn't really find anything. then, i decided maybe its time to face the music... [and no, im not pregnant]

my mom and my sister both have celiacs disease, as well as my cousin and my aunt. when people ask me if i have it i always say "no, and if i do i'm in denial". the thing is i dont really have the specific symptoms, but people say you can always have different symptoms. so today i got a blood test to check if i have it.

i really really really do NOT want to have it. i dont want to change my whole lifestyle. especially because i lovvvve bread. i dont get the results back until friday, so cross your fingers for me. altho, if its not celiacs, then i dont know what is wrong with me.... oh well.

4 comments:

l i z said...

poor thing! i think my mom may have this; she's allergic to gluten (among other things, like wheat). she can eat it, but it bothers her and makes her sick usually.

i will pray that everything is okay.
you take care of your silly self!
love you!

Juji said...

Preggo. ha ha ha

Liv said...

Oh!! Sad. I hope all goes well. Maybe it could just be an ulcer that will go away if you take care of yourself? That might be better than having to stop eating gluten products.

yourstrulydear said...

i would definately chose an ulcer over celiacs. isnt that bad? i was telling josh all the things id rather have. i would rather go without candy for a year. i would rather have skin cancer. etc etc. im an ungrateful child..