Thursday, May 30, 2013

this is the transition stage

So I realized I've been a stay-at-home mom now for a month. Whoa. Time flies!! It has been such a relief to not have to worry about working, and feeling guilty for having to ignore Henry just so I could get all my work done. Now if I ignore Henry it's because I have an obsession with Instagram ;) haha. Just kidding--I don't really ignore him, you all know what I mean. Anyways, staying at home has been a bit of an adjustment for me. I'm glad I've at least been working from home since mid-February to help with the transition. At first I always felt like there was some task that I needed to get done, or that I was actually just on a short vacation from work and I would be going back soon. Thankfully I've mostly shaken that feeling by now. It's hard to stop doing something that you've been doing for a long time, regardless of how stressful it was haha. I've been working since I was 14 years old. And to realize that I'm no longer under anyone else's leadership, besides my own, was both freeing and mildly terrifying. Now I can set my own schedule and do things on my own time. So that falls into the transition period, which is learning to use my time wisely and be the best mom I can be.

Obviously, one of the things I need to be better about is blogging! Even though I feel like my life is slightly boring (as far as in the blog world), but I'm sure I'll get my spice back sooner or later. Until I do, please bear with me. I do have a funny story about cat poop that I'll have to post sometime... ;)






No comments: