Thursday, January 1, 2015

hello, 2015!

I've been thinking about my resolutions for the year. I'm sure they will evolve a bit throughout the year, but here are some things I want to work on in 2015:

+ stop yelling, and use more positive parenting techniques with the chilluns
+ use nap time to do at least one thing that qualifies as "me time"
+ read at least 5 books (This used to be nothing for me, I'd read like a billion books a year. But ever since having kids I've been pretty terrible at reading. Oops.)
+ take action on improving recycling in my city (since I slacked in 2014)
+ go on more "dates" with my main man
+ enroll Henry in swimming lessons
+ wake up every morning and decide to have a good and positive attitude
+ PLAY MORE!

On the resolution front, I like to make these yearly goals to have some direction and something to work for in my daily life. I feel like the past two years I have gained something from actively working on resolutions. But I also like this timely reminder from the Alison show:


I AM awesome, and I'm going to make sure I don't forget it ;) Happy New Year, lovers!

1 comment:

Courtney B said...

You, yelling?! I don't believe it!
Girl, stop cleaning house during nap time ;) 2015 is going to be great for you!!